Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Here Comes the Bus

Sometimes, after the eighty-billionth time of hearing, reading, or singing something, we get find ourselves tiring of a particular song or book.  This is how I feel about the song The Wheels on the Bus...  However, when a recent student in my Emergent Literacy course created her curriculum web with this topic in mind I found my attention renewed!  Here is a poem she wrote to extend the theme.

“Here Comes the Bus”


Hey look, here comes the bus
We have to hurry, so it won’t leave us.

We hop on board and everyone sits down
We watch out the windows as we pass through town.

The bus shakes a lot as it goes down the street
You have to hold on or you’ll fall off of your seat

We reach the park and get off the bus, one by one
We head for the playground to have some fun

We play for a while, and then get back on the bus
The driver says hello again, he remembered us.

We ride all through town again, on our way back to school
We tell the driver thanks and the bus ride was real cool.

The driver smiles and says, “Have a nice day.”
We smile and wave as the bus goes away.

Author ~ Sharon Coleman

1 comment:

  1. I like that poem! My boys love the wheels on the bus, and I am sure that sometime soon we will get sick of it over here!!

    ReplyDelete